| Introduction | Features | History | Comparison | Java Conformance | Library | ACDK DMI | Framework | Method | Standard |
ACDK - Artefaktur Component Development Kit -
is a platform independent library for generating distributed server-based components and
ACDK is designed to serve as a backend technology, with a similar target of
Microsoft's .NET or Sun's ONE platform, but instead of using Basic/C# or Java
as programming language, it uses C++ as core implementation language.
implements the standard library packages, including acdk::lang, acdk::lang::reflect,
acdk::util, acdk::io, acdk::text (including regexpr), acdk::net, acdk::sql, acdk::xml
and more. Todays technoligies like flexible Allocator/Garbage Collection, Threading
and Unicode are implemented in the core of ACDK.
With the extensions of ACDK C++ objects are available for reflection, serialization,
aspect oriented class attributes and [D]ynamic [M]ethod [I]nvocation. This
DMI act as an universal object oriented call interface to connect C++ with
scripting languages (Java, Perl, Tcl, Python, Lisp, CfgScript, Visual Basic, VBScript,)
and standard component technologies (CORBA, COM+/ActiveX).
Main features of ACDK are:
- Java like C++-Framework with enhanced memory management features like garbage collection,
reflection API, enhanced debugging features.
- provides productive packages, similar to the JDK,
including acdk::lang, acdk::lang::reflect,
acdk::util, acdk::io, acdk::text (including regexpr), acdk::net, acdk::sql, acdk::xml and more.
- Integration of scripting languages (Perl, Java 1.3, Tcl, Lisp, Python, VisualBasic, C#, VBScript).
- Platform idenpendend and scriptable GUI programming (in alpha version).
- Framework for server applications (application server, web server, services, deamons).
- Integration of Middleware (CORBA, DCOM/COM+. Planned: XML-RPC, .NET, SOAP, RMI).
- Integration of Enterprise ressources (SQL, ODBC, MySQL, SAP R/3. Planned: LDAP, MQSeries)